Friday, December 10, 2010

All about The "Fluff"!

   I decided a few months ago that there were SO many things that i wanted to learn. I got it stuck in my head that 2011 would be "The Year of Learn".  Not learn like go get a degree learn. I wanted to teach my hands. Well the fire was lit well before 2011, i just could not wait. I have never been told i am a patient person. And well i have never claimed to be one either HAHA!

    I approached my Mother about a few skills i wanted to learn from her. My mother has always been a fabulous cook, a sewing diva, and she has the know how to make homemade applesauce and also the ability to can tiems. Why oh why was i such a self centered teen? I could already know this. I mean she did it in the house right there where i grew up. She had a HUGE garden when i was younger. Yet my plants die almost the second i bring them in the house.  We started with sewing. I have a lot to learn still. I am so excited for the things her and i plan to create. Creating with my mom is something i love. Those moments are so important to me. I scoop them up and keep them somewhere special in my memories.

   The learning bug has taken me over like a vicious flu and i am throwing up beautiful finished products. HAHAHA did i really just say that?! Yes, yes i did.

SO now onto the beautiful throw up i speak of......

 Family, Friends and Clients meet "Fluff"

 We know i like to make up my own names for stuff. Its just something i do. I have created my own language i am pretty sure.

 What is Fluff? Fluff are those fun pieces that add a little flare and fun to your photo and or life.  Whether it be A headband, a hat, a tutu or a boa. Fluff is fun and Fluff is silly. Fluff adds personality to a session.  Call me crazy but that is what came to mind when i was trying to come up with a name for the new line of accessories i am creating. Honestly, my teacher is my writing class used it when talking about filler in your paragraph. And when i was thinking of a name for things you add to your session spice it up, fluff came to mind. I can't explain why,  it is what it is.

 What will Fluff consist of? Right now i am making headbands like the one below. That is a prototype. I am still perfecting it. I will be making many variations and lots of styles.

 I also took up knitting. What does that mean? Cute hats for all sizes!  Mama's we will be having fun playing dress up with the kiddos. I have been making Tutu's for years so of course those already exist.

 Not only will these be available for sessions but they are also available for purchase outside of your session. I am hoping to have the online store up and running in a few weeks. And for you local folks they will be available at a local Children's Boutique as well. More on that soon.

Are you as excited as i am?!?!?! I am currently working on the logo for Fluff. I cannot wait to get the store up and running.

"Hi, i am Fluff"
 

Adorable right?!

 I would love to hear your feedback on this. And any crafty pointers you may have for a girl who is learning!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG....cute as heck! WTH is it??? LOL

Quinn Underwood said...

Love it! Very creative and beautiful! I want one for Cece :-)

Bridget said...

So cute!!! I want to learn to make those!!

Anonymous said...

You go girl...I'll be your #1 cheerleader!

Teresa Nighbert-Smith said...

You can do what ever it is you want to do, you are so creative and I am psyched about helping you. It makes me really happy that you want to do all this old school stuff, things like canning and sewing are going to be a lost art if people don't start passing it on to their children.

Post a Comment