Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Learning, Journeys + Rants

Oh life how fast you go!


I have been feeling so overwhelmed these days. I have started so many Journeys at once. I am assuming this is where the problem stems from. Not to mention the fact that i think i took on WAY too much work for my first year. Am i regretting that? Absolutely not!! I am just disappointed with my turn around time. Mostly with Weddings. I have learned so much this year though. I am making big changes for next year.

I am so thankful for the wonderful clients i was so blessed to learn on this year. They have all been so patient and understanding. I guess i miss judged the amount of time that goes into weddings. I have also been learning some ways to streamline my work flow which has helped tremendously.

Work has slowed down with the colder days that have been arriving. I was a little nervous for that to happen in the beginning. But now i am basking in it,  as i am getting caught up on so many edits.

These past couple months have been hard on my body. My body has not liked me. I had some heart issues last month and took a decent fall this month. The heart scared me. Scared me so bad all i wanted to do was hold my children. I was too afraid to do anything else. I drove myself crazy with thoughts of what if... I then ran straight to my insurance agent and did the responsible life insurance thing. It didn't make me feel any better.

As for the leg.  It still hurts, a lot. But its been a blessing. I have tackled so many edits in my comfy chair. It feels good.

The new life Journey we are on will come in many blogs. We are aching for change. Jeremy and i are no straight line thinkers. We have always been different. Even before we met each other. We long to just be ourselves. But we find  that mainstream society is trying to hide us in the cube if its thoughts and ways. We just see life a bit differently. A bit more sacred and on a timer. I don't believe in status quo. I don't believe that "Things" make the person. We are conditioned to believe bigger is better and more means more important. I wont lie i myself have been caught up in those thoughts before. But it always leaves me feeling yucky. Every designer must have bag i purchased, i just felt dirty and fake. The sad thing. Most of THEM were fake. I don't need to make up for a poor childhood with bags and shoes. And by "poor childhood" i am referring to money, not memories. I have great memories but my mother was a single mother for a long time. Therefore that meant we didn't get everything we wanted.

I have found a number of blogs that have been so awesome in helping me head in the direction i want to go. I would love for you to experience them and support them as well. Check them out! Who knows maybe you might find a new way of thinking too. And the list goes like this HappyJanssens, The Organic Sister, and RowdyKittens. There are a few more but my eyes are closing on their own right now. Time to sleep. Thanks for reading my rant.

0 comments:

Post a Comment