Thursday, August 19, 2010

Just a little like a Gypsy Today

I have always been a Dreamer Gypsy type. I have always dreamt of a road trip across the country. Actually that was the plan when i graduated. My Good friend and i were to take all the money we received for graduation and buy an RV with it. She graduated 8 weeks along and well we decided that giving birth in a campground or on a road somewhere not only sounded terrible but just was not very smart. She married. And i left town in my sunbird. I landed in Atlanta. I loved it and i hated it. I moved to quite a few places there after. I then married. 3 kids i have and 3 she has.


That pull of freedom is still there. Yet it is much different now. I have much more luggage and many more hearts to look out for now.


With the typical day in and day out we lose our freedom thoughts. I am not talking freedom like single. I am talking freedom like not being a slave to the necessities and trials of life. The laundry, bills and responsibilities that pile up.


I have been on a search for a long time for freedoms. Whether saving time on things i dislike so i have more time for things i enjoy, Like playing with my kids. I don't want to be a slave to the technology as much anymore either. Facebook lost its glow to me a long time ago. But since a big chunk of my lively hood comes from social networks and technology i have to hold onto some of it. I am just learning to do it my own way. Make my own hours. Things like that.


I recently was introduced to a blog about a family who is RV-ing around the country right now. It brought back that 18 year old girl who wanted to see things. But now she is 26 and has children and a husband she wants to see these things with. So Jer and i talked. And i think i have him convinced to do this. When i was 18 had imagined that my face would be wide eyed pulling up to things like the Grand Canyon and Mount Rushmore. Now i hope to photograph their wide eyed faces. I had daydreamed of my extended family members running out of their houses to greet me as i pulled in. Now i get to introduce them to my beautiful family they have only known in pictures. And i hope they would feed me HAHA and they will. Thats how my family is.


So My mommy/wife journey is one part, As is my Photographer journey and now i am looking forward to an actual journey that includes real movement not the metaphorical type. I post this now to hold me accountable...Why? Because this is one thing i REALLY want out of life. And now i plan to make this happen. Starting with all the research. Where, When, How much and just other things like what to do with our stuff especially this house.


So thats what i am Daydreaming about today. I hung all my laundry on the line today....It made me feel just a little like a gypsy and quenched a small bit of my urge.

0 comments:

Post a Comment