Friday, October 22, 2010

FAQ: Winter + Studio | ?

So with the blustery weather on its way i seem to get asked the same question a lot. And i have some fun answers. Outside of the box fun answers.

Q: What do you do in the Winter time since you have no studio?

 A#1: I have fun! In your home! I know what you are thinking...In my HOME?! Whats fun in the home? You are fun! Your family is fun! Think more documentary style. You and the kids making cookies, Bath time, Silly time, Story time, and Bed time. Are those not the true moments of a family. THAT is a true family photo. Doing what families do. Where do i come into this? I am the fly on the wall documenting the moments. No saying Cheese, No yelling look at the camer, just you , your family and your life....Being documented.

 A#2: SNOW BALL FIGHT!!!!!! How fun would it be to just go sledding, have a snowball fight or make snow angels together? And then come in for a cup of Hot Cocoa. Another real family moment!


Q: Why don't you have a studio/ When will you get your studio?

A: I do not have a studio for quite a few reasons. Reason # 1 I feel confined and so do children, Reason #2 I feel like studios produce the same image for everyone,  i like to let my clients create their own moments not create a moment for them and then set them on the proper spot, Reason #3 Studio lighting does nothing for me as of yet,  Reason #4 I am a rebel, i have always been different, and well i choose to remain that way into my adulthood.

A: When will i get a Studio? Probably not anytime soon. Studios are a dime a dozen, you however are one unique creature. I plan to take my Photography (and Family) on the road. Opening a studio now would make no sense at this time, as i would have to shut it down.


I hope these have helped answer maybe a couple questions about my Photography you may have had. On-Location Photography is so much fun and can really become whatever you want it to be. Just have to get yourself out of that Mass Production Portrait Studio box.

Hope you have a Fantabulous Weeked!!!




 

0 comments:

Post a Comment