Monday, October 25, 2010

Working on Our Plan

I have been preparing and researching for our Dream Trip. I know it may seem excessive to start preparing now, but i think its really important. I started a binder with folders. I have a list started for many things like, Places to visit, Places to do Photo Sessions, Ways to make and save Money, Free Parks and Parks referred to and just any other helpful tips. The Making money part is one area i have been focusing on. The main sources will be from our skills. Jer = Construction stuff and Me = Photography stuff. I am working on some other ways too. 

*I started an Etsy account to sell prints and other crafty items. It should be up in the next few weeks with items. i will post a link here then. 

*Another way is affiliate accounts. I signed up with Amazon as an affiliate account. See image below. I could not figure out how to move it. Also at Zulily  has some pretty awesome kids stuff and deals on it. So if you feel like showing me some love. Zulily is a great place to get gifts.


*I signed up as an Ambassador for Barefoot Books
These are awesome books and gifts for kids. You probably already know about barefoot books but didn't realize it. Check them out!!
*Our Donation Button. I am not one to beg for money but i felt this could be a great way for our family and friends to send gifts in the future. We will be limited on space so sending material things will be hard. And also i love to visit random blogs of people doing cool stuff and sending them a couple bucks to their dream or cause. I think everyone should have a donation button. I see so many cool blogs by people i feel like i know and would love to send a gift to.
So this is where we are so far on the monetary part of the trip. This has been a repeat question by so many. I thought this might help explain our plan a little. Also keep in mind that it doesn't cost nearly as much a month to live on the road as it does to live in our home.

If you have a suggestions or ideas on this please please leave a comment below. I am all about other cool ways to raise funds to keep us going.

0 comments:

Post a Comment