Monday, October 4, 2010

Getting our Minimal on!

They Lipseys are getting swallowed up by things. Ugh! Clutter is everywhere and it is driving me batty. Jer and I both have the tendencies of a Hoarder and it is scary. Today i have decided to update my Blog and write my Column and that is it for digital work. Today is PURGE day!! I am so nervous. I am so excited. I need some more coffee i think.

Jer and i took a weekend sabbatical. No computer, barely used the phone and lots of campfire. It was so amazing. We needed it. Bad. I feel rejuvenated. I think he does too. I am trying to get him ready for Life on the road byt giving it to him in small doses. HAHA. He told me "You are really making me like this camping thing".  I was beaming with joy from that statement.


I feel like there are steps to getting to the day we pull out of here in out rig. The first step is to slowly teach the children (and the husband) that less is more. We do not need 175 dvds. We do not need 12 pairs of shoes and 14 pairs of jeans. We really don't NEED much. Its all about looking at things in a different way. I think this concept will be harder for Sidney (our Oldest) and Jer (the oldest HAHA).

I was reading a Blog last night and it really put things in perspective. Ok well actually there were two blogs the other is here. They both really explain the Less is More idea. We are all just trained to thing we need more and more and more. We need the best and the most. But we lose sight of the most important. Do i want my kids to look back and say "WOW mom and dad were so cool they bought us everything we ever wanted" UMMM NO! I want them to look back and say "Wow mom and dad taught us so much" Or look back and just remember special times and cool experiences. Not remember things. I want them to remember moments. So small steps start today with big purging!

Happy Monday to you!!!



I don't have an iPhone so this is my version of like Hipstamatic
Our Minimal Campsite. That is it. Where did we sleep? In the Van of course. Nomads we are.

0 comments:

Post a Comment