Wednesday, January 26, 2011

2011 Permissions and Wife-ing is not a word | Michigan Photographer

New years resolutions should have already been made and broken by now. I am a little behind the game. But that's nothing new to a constant creative. I am always creating something. Just probably not in the order i should be. Like for instance right now i am here, blogging. But i started out cleaning off the couch to create a clean room. And then somehow ended up sitting on it with my laptop on my lap. How does this happen?! I don't even realize it.

2011 just feels like my year. I feel myself completely morphed. I have passed that young 20's mom and wife trying to find her way, to a Mom and wife who is on her way. I am feeling more confident in my mothering and wife-ing(totally NOT a word by the way) skills. I have made the decision to be a better home maker this year and all around better mother and wife. I have given myself permission to just be. And i like just being. It feels good to be me. So i made a list of permissions and goals for myself.


1. Take better care of myself
2. Be a better homemaker
3. Listen more and talk less
4. Learn to hoop
5. Read more
6. Rid my life of negative influences
7. Try harder to understand those i don't understand
8. Give more
9. Write more handwritten letters
10. Over use the words I. Love. You.
11. Grasp the concept of being organized
12. Learn about true forgiveness
13. Read my bible for real this time.
14. Use the computer less
15. Play on the floor more
16. Take the kids to do....anything!
17. Grow my own garden without relying on others to take care of it
18. Learn to Sew, Can, Crochet and Bake.
19. Find patience.
20. Think before i speak.

I feel like there is more. There probably is. But this is enough for now. I should probably get back to cleaning that room.

Happy Wednesday to you! May you pick up a pen and send a hand written letter to your aunt in another state. She will love it. I promise.

2 comments:

kimi said...

I can help you can! My in-laws taught me over the past two summers and I am hooked! I am making jam in a few weeks if you want to help. Good luck on your resolutions!

Michelle Fulcher said...

Lovely list :) Good luck, I hope 2011 is an awesome year for you!

Post a Comment