Thursday, January 6, 2011

Hello 2011, so nice to see you | Michigan Family Photographer | Michigan Child Photographer

I opened my business officially in January of 2010. At that time i was still totally scared out of my wits. With this last year there have been so many changes. LOTS of learning took place, huge equipment upgrades and one gigantic confidence boost. Along with so many great moments shared with fabulous new friends and clients.

When i started out i knew i wanted this to be my career. I wanted this to be my lively hood. I just did not know how to get from opening my new Nikon camera box, to getting paid to actually use it. I have finally made it across that bridge. Of course not without the help of many many people...Teachers, fellow photogs, youtube etc HAHA. The learning is never done, i will always be learning. But i come into 2011 knowing that this IS what i am meant to do. Creating art for the walls and hearts of wonderful families.

I do not consider what i do just taking a photo or just capturing a memory. I consider it an Art. I expect to see it hanging on walls not locked in a shoe box somewhere. I take my work very seriously. When you invest into your session i know you are investing into your future. How? These are memories for a lifetime. These are images that will bring back a time in your life, a feeling or even a song. Anyone can take a photo. And anyone can charge you to take a photo. It takes a real true artist to capture your soul, your love, the little things that you remember. Anyone can tell your child to say "Cheese" and snap the shutter. But it takes a true artist to capture the right moment where your heart skips a beat because of that deep look in their eye or that silly face that always makes you laugh. I want to be a true artist. Not just a "Photographer". These days everyone is a photographer. Just ask anyone with a Dslr they will tell you so.

2011 is my year to really set myself apart from others. I don't want to just be that girl who takes photos anymore. The changes that are coming are exciting. New branding, New products and packaging and with that new pricing and policies. You can view some of the new pricing on my website here.


I am just so thankful for all the folks who have stood behind me these last few years pushing me and supporting my dream. I really could not have gotten here with out all of them who let me practice on their families time and time again. I hope you will join me this year and let me create the art that is your family.  Happy 2011 to you all!!!!

~A

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You always know how to say it Best...congrats on all your accomplshments i hope to be as good as you...you do great work -Brittany

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing photographer! While reading this post, I know your words are true. It actually brought a tear to my eye thinking of how true those words are. Those moments are so special, and you have a knack for capturing it.

Post a Comment