Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Love for New Life + Details of a Newborn Session | Michigan Newborn Photographer | Michigan Baby Photographer | Michigan Child Photographer


In the last few months i have had the opportunity to photograph a couple Newborns. I have been wanting to do this for a while. I had only had a couple experiences with them and really wanted to have a chance to do more. I fell head over heals in love with the few sessions i have had. I am still learning the ins and outs of getting those fabulous sleepy shots. But i always have my own spin on things anyway. I wanted to make a blog post dedicated to the few newborns i have shot. To show what i love and also maybe to spark some interest in those wondering what its all about.

Why have your Newborn Photographed in the first 10 days? First of all they are only that small for the length of a blink, i promise you that. Also they are so squishy and adorable i mean why not? The art of new life is beautiful art. It never goes out of style and it will always be the most meaningful art on your walls. Well until the hand drawn images the new life then produces later in life and posts on your refrigerator. Also in the first 10 days they are their sleepiest and they tend to be more willing to do whatever your mind can dream up. I prefer my newborns between 6-10 days.


 What to expect at a typical Newborn Session? Lots of silence. A very slow paced gentle session. Some burping, feeding and accidents. Yes accidents will happen. I am prepared for them. I have a washing machine so i am not concerned and neither should the parents be. The heat is cranked so we will be uncomfortably warm. Its ok sweat away for the art of it all. There is also feeding rocking cooing and singing. A typical newborn session takes about 2-4 hours. Babies need us to be patient and once we are they tend to be fabulous posers for us. 

 When should you schedule your Newborn Session with Amanda Marie Photography? I am usually booked about 2 months out. The sooner the better. However i would not turn someone away with a last minute request if i have the room. 

Where does the session take place? Right now i am currently doing them in your home. Don't worry about what your house looks like! I have 3 children i KNOW how it goes. All i need is a window with some good light and a small amount of space to put my equipment up and an outlet to plug in my heater.

I look forward to all the New Life coming in 2011!!! I also look forward to creating the art of your child for your walls!!


                          All Images ©Amanda Marie Photography of Charlotte Michigan
                             Please do not copy or use any images without my permission.

1 comments:

Quinn Underwood said...

Amanda, you do the most amazing work! We cannot thank you enough for our incredible newborn pictures of Cecelia! You are beyond highly recommended!

Post a Comment