Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Fluff Originals | Charlotte Michigan Photographer



I have neglected my blog lately and i apologize. My grandfather passed away last sunday and i was busy missing him so much. I feel a little closer to peace as the days go by. I am so thankful for his quick and painless passing, rather than a long suffering. That brings me much peace. Thank you to all the wonderful folks who sent condolences. Your kind words really made the week bearable.



 Ok no more sad talk! I have exciting stuff going on here. I announced about "Fluff Couture" or "The Fluff" a while back. You can read that post here. I have changed the name just a little as the product has changed a little bit too. So it is now...Wait for it, wait for it "Fluff Originals" POW hahaha.....Why? Well heres what has come to me. See i love recycling and also upcycling....What is upcycling? Check out the Wiki here.

So i have decided to make my products out of second hand items or items that would normally just be tossed out (to end up filling our landfills). Scrap left over fabric, mismatched buttons, and any other cool items i may find along the way. Looks to me that about 90% of my supplies will NOT have been purchased brand new. I will be scouring the towns for cool fabric and funky buttons. I have even called on family and friends for their left overs and scraps. 

The "Originals" part came about as i realized most items may be original creations where only 1 will be sold. I might be able to make more than one of an item if the supplies allow for it. Right now i am working on building the headband line as i have TONS of newborns on their way and i want to have them ready for those sessions. But future plans include knit hats, cocoons for photogs and other such items. My Etsy store will open next week with  few items. I will be posting on my Twitter and my Fanpage when i add new items so keep your eyes there as well. Below are a few items that will be listed next week. 

1. An Infant headband. Made of a revamped fabric flower (its bigger than a newborn but not quite a toddler) 
2. An Newborn headband. Made from a scrap of torn fabric
3. An Adult/Teen headband made from a scrap of tweed and some ripped satin fabric.

These are just a simple preview of more items to come. I am so excited to be able to offer these to my clients and other photogs.

**I am also in need of some models for these and others in the future. If you are interested in the model program please email me at Amandamlipsey@yahoo.com for more details.



0 comments:

Post a Comment